Trace the path of the mighty Mekong river as it rushes along the border with Laos, before tackling the twists and turns of the region’s magnificent mountain roads. This ride offers a perfect combo: brilliant riding and unforgettable scenery – and we’ve added an insight into the local culture for good measure. If you love motorbike touring, you’ll love this route.
Road biking at its best
|Start Point:||Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand|
|End Point:||Nan, Thailand|
|Dates||To be confirmed
|Duration||7 Days – 1,378 kms
|Motorcycle:||Honda CRF250L, CBX500, R110R, F700GS, F800GS or F1200GS|
“The route from Dan Sai to Nan is one of my personal favourites – and I’m excited to share it on this journey. We’ll pack in plenty of other incredible motorcycling roads along the way.”
Hop On / Hop Off Thailand motorcycle tours
We have segmented the 30 Day Thailand motorcycle tour tour route into 6 shorter Sections. You can do all the trip, or any number of the sections to suit your budget and time-frame, as follows:
- SECTION I: Border Country: 6 Days: Bang Saen – Khong Chiam
- SECTION II: Along the Mighty Mekong: 7 Days: Khong Chiam – Nan
- SECTION III: Ultimate Mountain Roads: 6 Days: Nan – Chiang Rai
- SECTION IV: Golden Roads: 7 Days: Chiang Rai – Mae Hong Son
- SECTION V: The Lost World of the Forests: 6 Days: Mae Hong Son – Sukhothai
- SECTION VI: The Scenic Route: 6 Days: Sukhothai – Amphawa
Khong Chiam - Mukdaharn - 257 kms
Mukdaharn - Bueng Kan - 297 kms
Bueng Kan - Chiang Khan - 355 kms
Chiang Khan - Dan Sai - 171 kms
Dan Sai - Nan - 298 kms
|Departure / Return location:||Bangkok International Airport|
|Departure time:||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
Along the Mighty Mekong
This tour has several variables that affect its cost, including;
- Choice of motorcycles: in ascending order of cost – Honda CRF250L or CBX500, BMW G310GS, F700GS, F800GS or F1200GS.
- Bringing your own Motorcycle? If you have a bike in Asia, or want to ship yours in, we can make that work for you.
- Pillion Passenger: riding with a companion is no problem.
- Accommodation: base rate is based on sharing a room, but single occupancy is available at 240€.
The base rate for one person, riding one of our Honda CRF250L’s, sharing a twin room, and with no pillion rider is: €1,850
HO/HO TH30/II: 7 DAYS: KHONG CHIAM - NAN
|Tour Program includes:||
|Tour Program does not include:||
Along the mighty Mekong – 7 Days Motorcycle Tour of Thailand
Want to book or find out more? Use this form and we’ll aim to reply within 24 hours.